When I Return When I Return

It doesn't sound too bad. You have yourself a nice start, but you'd definitely want to look into learning the basics of mixing and music theory if you don't them by now. Besides the leveling issues, adding variation to your track, with changing melodies and harmonies, would work out well as well. Keep practicing and experimenting and I'm sure you'll get it.

vishalhd responds:

Thanks for the review man. :) I thought it needed some mixing and mastering. To tell you the truth I did this track like 2 years ago. I only recently added in the guitars. :)

Reset Reset

I've been wanting to play Okami for the longest time, I really wish I had played it so I knew the original song (though it doesn't hurt to look it up on YouTube or something). Anyways, the lyrics feel right at home in this track, the instrumentation and production by Step and Buoy is spot on (great work on the mastering Mrmilkcarton), and everything just fits together so well. Definitely adding this to my favorites and downloading it.. and looking into finding a copy right after.

Shanath responds:

Okami is a great game. I hear an HD release of it is coming out soon. If you haven't played it yet that's the definite one to get!

Trinity Trinity

You sir, have become my favorite orchestral artist on Newgrounds with this beautiful rendition of the various themes and songs in Monster Hunter Tri. I've been a fan of the series since it's beginnings and the soundtrack is definitely the one thing that brings the game to life. From the humble opening of the game, to the character selection and the wandering through the village to grabbing a quest notice off the board, even diving into the depths of the ocean to battle the fearsome but elegant Ceadeus... each melody fits perfectly with each encounter.

I'd go into complete detail on each and every section, but the amount of time, effort, and dedication that went into recreating a melody for each part you've covered is amazing. I can easily feel myself at each of these locations. I hope to hear more orchestral renditions from you on this scale, whether being this franchise or a different one.

Step responds:

Hey man, I appreciate the support! This review's awesome.

"You sir, have become my favorite orchestral artist on Newgrounds with this beautiful rendition of the various themes and songs in Monster Hunter Tri."

Clearly you haven't heard BrokenDeck's, Echo's, NickPerrin's, MaestroRage's, Breed's and Tomppaah's orchestral music yet. But thanks :3.

"I've been a fan of the series since it's beginnings and the soundtrack is definitely the one thing that brings the game to life."

I had no idea you played the game man! We should totally go online sometime haha.

"From the humble opening of the game, to the character selection and the wandering through the village to grabbing a quest notice off the board, even diving into the depths of the ocean to battle the fearsome but elegant Ceadeus... each melody fits perfectly with each encounter."

Good to know! I wanted to achieve a majestic but mystical effect with the Ceadeus music. I would've remixed the third part of the battle as well (when he actually starts fighting back) but when I tried to remix it I just couldn't get it to sound right, or transition to it properly for that matter.

"I'd go into complete detail on each and every section, but the amount of time, effort, and dedication that went into recreating a melody for each part you've covered is amazing. I can easily feel myself at each of these locations."

Thanks! I did put a tonne of effort in this so I'm glad it paid off.

"I hope to hear more orchestral renditions from you on this scale, whether being this franchise or a different one."

Don't be surprised if there does end up being one in the (distant) future! Maybe not now though, making a medley like this has drained every slither of musical energy that I had stored up in my body :(.

Thanks a bunch for the great review, I really owe you one!

Fur Elise + Improv {696} Fur Elise + Improv {696}

This is nothing short of incredible. I can easily understand how it feels to just improv a popular and well-know song, and go all out with whatever you have going in your head for a possible idea. There were too many catchy parts and varied melodies to even go into detail on each one. Definitely a 10/10, a favorite and a download.

Applecore! 3 Applecore! 3

This is a really nice blend of various styles. The Drum & Bass/Breakcore section in the middle into the calm and relaxed breakdown was a great touch. Reminded me of a old song I fell in love with for it's combination of Trip-Hop and Drum & Bass. The intro was peaceful and calm, something you'd hear from a Liquid DnB/Jazzstep song. Happy Hardcore/Dance sections were on point and didn't distract too much from the overall feeling of the song, which really pulled the song together.

All in all, great song.

Dimrain47 Tribute ~P~ Dimrain47 Tribute ~P~

A great tribute to the classic tracks that you've picked out. Easy to hear the originals and your personal style mixed together to make one great song.

Phyrnna responds:

Yep. I just took the main melodic motif and ran with it. xD

Nav - Binkers (Short Ver) Nav - Binkers (Short Ver)

I'm a big fan of this style. Dubstep is a pretty loud and straight-forward genre, but as fast as it grows, it's already becoming more and more complex with each new popular song. Even with my own experimentation, it's nice to cut away from most of the loud and party anthem feel that you get in dubstep and make something that sound whole as a song.

The synths are soft and inviting and the patterned thumps from the bass/bassline fill in the quiet synth gaps. Sometimes the melody doesn't even have to be all that to add a certain feeling to the song, especially with that almost awkwardly placed synth in the later half.

All in all, it's a nice track. Very calming and respectful to a constantly evolving genre of music.

Nav responds:

Thanks! I agree that dubstep is a very flexible genre and I don't think enough people fully take advantage of that. I was drawing on downtempo influences here, and later I hope to draw on some jungle influences to make a song.

I agree - the synth near the end is almost out of place. Unfortunately, no other options seemed to fit better into the mix with the pattern I was using, and I didn't feel like changing.

I appreciate your review :)

Sanctuary Sanctuary

I don't even know what I can say about this track. It's so intricate and well done. All the humanizing that you've added to each note and the complexity of this track really stand out. It's relaxing, but powerful. Just another great song by you Supersteph, and I could agree that it might just be your best song to date.

Step responds:

Aw thanks man. Glad you liked it! I've just decided that I really like it when people call my songs intricate :3.

Thanks again. Very much appreciated!

SH - Circle SH - Circle

Damn catchy song.

I just heard this not even 5 minutes ago in a Youtube video with both of our songs it, and I've got to say this is some sick work. There's nothing like some old school sample-based hip-hop.

-A New World- -A New World-

Amazing Work

Besides the 70's afro-rocking vibe, haha, this song really brings out a great amount of talent and skill that you have to create such a atmosphere. The subtle flute sounds here and there and the horns really bring out the dynamic end of the song, the string and piano add a nice orchestral touch, and the drums have a old school groove to them that just bring the song all together.

Step responds:

Thanks! I got 9 new reviews in less than a day after sending a PM to you and some of the other guys who added me to their favourite artists list. That is awesome, I'm really grateful!

"Besides the 70's afro-rocking vibe, haha"

Don't forget the "walking in slow motion" part :P.

"this song really brings out a great amount of talent and skill that you have to create such a atmosphere."

Thank you! Atmosphere's one of your strong points too, I loved the atmosphere and progression of Astral Hypnosis.

"The subtle flute sounds here and there and the horns really bring out the dynamic end of the song, the string and piano add a nice orchestral touch, and the drums have a old school groove to them that just bring the song all together."

Awesome, glad they all work out!

"Real great work and I can't wait to hear the next song you come up with (after college work of course)."

College work won't be so lenient in that case, but perhaps this song marks the end of the all-summer-long writer's block I had. Kinda sad that I only got inspiration back AFTER summer ended, but what can you do? :P

I really appreciate the feedback, thanks!